5.21.2008

Morning Glory

This morning before work I passed by the Pontocho Kaburenjo Theater, (its 1 block away from work) to do some geisha stalking and see if I could get lucky and snap some pics for you guys.

The show starts at 12:30 and I arrived at 10:30 so my chances were slim but I did get to capture someone, I say someone because I cant be sure who she is, she has a red neckline which would indicate she is a Maiko but her age is not of a Maiko and also her hairstyle is different from a Maiko's also her hair ornaments are special, so I'm not sure if its a Geisha in costume for the Kamogawa Odori wich is now playing , but I am sure she is one of the two since no one shows up to the Kaburenjo theater in that kind of getup unless they are one of the 2.

If you can make out who she is please post her name. tnx



if you would like to know more about the Kamogawa Odori visit these websites: http://japundit.com/archives/2006/07/05/2957/
Mata ne!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her name is Momiyuki. She is one of the few new Geiko in Pontocho.

I like your blog :)

Dominik Anita said...

Tnx Andrew for Identifying her, it's sooooooo rare for me to get a geiko pic. :)